Mshta.exe generates errors when starting the Add/Remove Programs utility. Though the file is genuinely a safe file to the system, various malware programs are able to attack this file and give their processes similar names such as the mshta.exe process to escape detection and do what it wants on your computer. According to the experts, no matter you are running a new or an old computer, what you need to do is to ensure that you computer is totally clean without mshta.exe error or other computer error messages.
Sometimes, below error message appears when windows system tries to access a particular program or application but it is unable to load it because of missing mshta.exe files:
“Mshta.exe. This application has failed to start because CoreFoundation.dll was not found. “Reinstalling the application may fix this problem”
“Can’t find corefoundation.dll, can’t start Mshta.exe”
“ Mshta.exe advapi32.dll”
“ Mshta.exe nview.dll”
But why mshta.exe error happens in your system?
There are many causes for the mshta.exe error message to your computer, but most of the time, it can be caused by the following aspects:
• When the application or software program is not properly installed on your system.
• When a particular application is not completely uninstalled.
• There are corrupted or outdated drivers existing on your system.
• There are corrupt Windows registry inside your registry database.
• Undetected malware or virus is attacking your system
Mshta.exe error is a critical computer error that will greatly affect the overall computer performance and may result in system crash, some code errors just like Windows error code 53 when you are trying to run some programs, system freezing, blue screen condition and slow computer speed. So, you should immediately remove mshta.exe error from your computer.
How to remove mshta.exe error quickly?
According to the above causes, you can fix the mshta.exe error by the steps listed below:
1. Uninstall and reinstall your recently-installed programs. Sometimes, the application or programs that you install recently many not work compatibly with your computer or other programs installed on your computer, which then causes the mshta.exe error.
2. Check your system to make sure that all components of the unneeded programs have been removed completely. If you uninstall programs with then Windows built-in Add/Remove Programs utility, some related files or registry entries will be left behind. At this time, it is recommended that you should run a registry cleaning tool after every program uninstallation to ensure that all associated files have been removed completely.
3. Update all outdated drivers of your system. The outdated drivers on the computer will also cause the mshta.exe error when the needed driver is not properly installed. So do not forget to download and install all available drivers both for your hardware and software.
4. Scan and remove all PC threats from the computer. As what I have said previously, viruses or malicious threats are able to attack and remove any files it wants from the computer. Seriously, they can disguise themselves as the legitimate mshta.exe file on your computer and does what it wants, and causes the mshta.exe error message again and again.
Generally speaking, mshta.exe error may affect system performance and result in serious problems. So no matter whenever you get the error message, it is recommended that you can follow the solutions here to remove mshta.exe error immediately.